Enjoy hectares of heritage all the way to the beach
Yallingup is one of the Margaret River region’s best-kept secrets but we’re happy to share some insider info with you on our little piece of paradise!
Long-known by surfers as one of the best beach breaks in Australia, Yallingup’s history is also recorded in Aboriginal culture – known by the local Wardandi people as ‘Place of Love’. Seashells Yallingup is set within the beautiful gardens of the heritage-listed Caves House Hotel and Yallingup Beach is just a 10-minute stroll away through the lush gardens and down a pretty walk trail. We’re an easy three-hour drive south of Perth.
Part of Yallingup’s beauty is its peaceful charm. There’s no major town centre – just a friendly general store, German bakery, and casual café on the beach along with Caves House. It’s a place to rewind and enjoy the beach, bush and bounties of local producers. Guests can enjoy a beer or pub lunch on the deck at Caves House, or in the art deco lounge by the fire on colder days, without the need to hop in the car. But venturing out ‘down south’ is also a great option with some of the region’s best wineries, restaurants and stunning beaches within easy reach.
Tourists first came to Yallingup well over 100 years ago on horse and cart to visit the Ngilgi Cave, which is a short bush walk from our property and provides a variety of guided tours. Ten minutes away is the stylish but relaxed holidaymakers’ town of Dunsborough with a range of facilities, cafes, bars, great boutiques and surf shops.
Margaret River township is a 45-minute drive south via Caves Road – but you’ll be hard-pressed not to stop several times along the way for wine or beer-tasting, family attractions, food sampling or a long lunch.
See our Neighbourhood page for more to experience in Yallingup.
At a glance
Address & Phone
- Yallingup Beach Rd, Yallingup WA 6282
- T +61 8 9750 1500
- Perth Airport – 266km
- An easy 3 hour drive south of Perth
- Free WiFi
- Free in-house movies
- Weekly housekeeping service
- Heritage gardens
- Bar and Bistro at Yallingup Caves House Hotel
- Studio spa rooms
- Fully self contained 1 and 2 bedroom apartments
Yallingup fast facts
To the Indigenous Noongar people, Yallingup means ‘place of love’. With its top-rated surf, stunning beaches, world-class wines, ancient caves and breathtaking ocean sunsets, Yallingup captures the hearts of nature lovers, thrillseekers and wine connoisseurs alike.
- LOCATION 266 kilometres south-west of Perth
- POPULATION 1,062 (2006 census)
- CLIMATE Yallingup’s mild, Mediterranean climate boasts warm summers (Dec to Feb) and mild, wet winters (Jun to Aug). Summer daytime temps average 30°C down to 16°C at night. Winter averages 17°C in the day, down to 8°C at night. Winter’s cold fronts bring the famous large swells ideal for surfing.