Have a stay planned at a Seashells property or thinking about a local escape? Here’s our 10 tips to enjoy your downtime with us.
1. Make the most of your beautiful surroundings – the lush tropical gardens of Broome, the beach on our doorstep at Comet Bay in Mandurah (drop in a line while you’re there), the ‘ghost trail’ from Seashells Yallingup to the beach, East Fremantle’s beautiful Swan River or Scarborough’s gorgeous new beachfront complete with skateboard ramps, basketball courts, and public art.
2. Go beachcombing – pack the kids and a bucket and spade (or ask at reception) and see what you can find – start a beach glass collection or spot tiny sea creatures amongst the rocks and shells. Or better still, check out Peel’s Thrombolites and Broome’s Dinosaur footprints!
3. Kick back and watch a new-release movie from your lounge. Our free in-house movies at Seashells Scarborough, Mandurah, Broome & Yallingup offer a range of new releases with over 600 titles (including Frozen II, The Gentlemen and Star Wars IX in the April releases).
4. Watch the sunset – from the beach or your balcony. Seashells Scarborough & Mandurah offer the most sublime sunset views – best enjoyed with a cold beer or a WA white.
5. Disconnect from social media and re-connect with your loved ones. Play a board game, check out the local wildlife – spot birds, dolphins or kangaroos depending on your choice of Seashells property.
6. Cook up a big breakfast in our apartments, prepare a picnic lunch basket, or fire up one of our guest barbies. Ask our reception staff for the nearest supermarkets, farmers markets, grocers, bakers and butchers. You’ll find the small local retailers have plenty of fresh food supplies – our staff can tell you their local favourites.
7. Bring or hire bikes and go for a ride – from Seashells Fremantle ride along the Swan River waterfront, or from Freo or Scarborough, head to the beach ride along the coastal path; try out a section of the Wadandi Track which runs offroad from Cowaramup to Witchcliffe, ride the flat and scenic cycle path from Dunsborough to Busselton; or tackle one of Mandurah’s 4 great off road trails along waterways and through forest.
8. Find a local tour you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t got around to – our local tour operators will love you for it and might be offering some good deals. Operators and attractions are all taking extra precautions right now to make your experience safe and enjoyable. Ask us for inspo.
9. Stroll, walk, or hike – there are so many great options. Pick a section of the Cape to Cape Track (we love Smith’s Beach to Canal Rocks), stroll along the beachfront, walk the length of the Busselton Jetty, or pick one of Mandurah’s many nature walk trails. TrailsWA has a list of walking, riding and driving trails around WA – some including brewery, winery and fresh produce stops!
10. Enjoy the pleasures of an old-fashioned family holiday – sleeping in, getting plenty of fresh air at the beach, playing indoor and outdoor games and having the time to prepare long lazy meals or enjoying fish and chips by the waterfront.