Beachfront views with an urban advantage
It’s not hard to see why they call our stretch of beach the Sunset Coast. Guests of Seashells Scarborough enjoy complimentary sunsets over the Indian Ocean every night!
Scarborough has long been a favourite beach for Perth locals to cool off and kick back. We’re just 15 minutes from the centre of Perth and provide a great alternative to the busyness of the city. Fremantle and Hillarys Boat Harbour are also within easy reach.
Beach walks, surfing, swimming, kitesurfing, cycling and beachside dining are all the norm on Scarborough Beach and our guests have a home away from home – with a spectacular view.
Works are being carried out in Scarborough as part of the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority’s Scarborough Beach Foreshore Redevelopment which aims to create one of Australia’s best beachfront destinations.
Our beachfront apartments still enjoy ocean views but also overlook fenced earthworks and construction works. Some daytime noise may be experienced and there is a diverted access to the beachfront. Guests can still easily access our property and private car park. Click to view the latest works program or read more here.
Access to Seashells Scarborough by car has changed. You can still access our main entrance and car park, however entry and exit is temporarily via Brighton Road only. There will be no access from Scarborough Beach Road, or from The Esplanade north of the clock tower roundabout. view and download here.
Scarborough’s new retail and dining precinct along The Esplanade includes craft beer haven The Squire’s Fortune, plus hip cafes and casual dining options. Summertime live entertainment at the amphitheatre on Scarborough Beach creates a festive vibe.
Back at Seashells Scarborough we have a choice of two outdoor swimming pools, one overlooking the ocean and one heated, with sun lounges, outdoor entertaining areas and gas barbeques.
See our Neighbourhood page for more to experience in Scarborough.
At a glance
Address & Phone
- 178 The Esplanade, Scarborough WA 6019
- T +61 8 9341 9600
- Perth Airport 30km
- Just a 20 minute drive from Perth CBD
- Nearby local bus service to the CBD
- Free WiFi
- Free Parking
- Weekly servicing
- 2 outdoor pools – 1 heated
- 1 bedroom self-contained apartment
- 2 and 3 bedroom fully self-contained apartments
Scarborough fast facts
A coastal suburb of Perth on the Sunset Coast, Scarborough has a long, wide beach for sports, sunbathing and clear waters for swimming and surfing. Along the Sunset Coast are many beachside restaurants, cafes and bars.
- LOCATION 14 km northwest of the city centre
- POPULATION 14,271 (2011 census)
- CLIMATE As Australia’s sunniest capital city, Perth enjoys a Mediterranean climate of mild to cool winters (June-Aug) and long, hot summers (Dec-Feb) that often extend into the Autumn months. Summer daytime temps average from 27°C -30°C down to 15°C at night. Daytime temps in winter range from 18-21°C down to 12°C at night.
- MUST VISIT